Friday, December 12, 2008

THE TWELVTH MOON

THE TWELVTH MOON was first published at the PAINTING STUDIO http://paintingstudio.spaces.live.com/  I believe two years ago.  I am re posting it here.

There are many names for the December Moon. The Chocktaw Native American Tribe see it as the Peach Moon. Others call the full moon of December the Bitter Moon, the Cold Moon, the Snow Moon, the Long Night Moon, the Oak Moon, and Winter Moon.


The Dakotah Sioux name the Full Moon Of December.....The Twelfth Moon.

The twelfth

Full Moon of the year

Drew me to the yard at Midnight

In the bitter cold

In the snow.

Hand held a railing

That I could look directly

Up.

In my eyes the clear vision

As I arched my back

Crained my neck

Stars clear as bells

Ringed around the

Twelfth Moon as

Diamonds frozen in the Sky.

As ever be well, With love. Stephen Craig Rowe

3 comments:

Moon River said...

Dear you, i remember you've started the 12 moons....happy new year to you and to your beloved ones.


moonriver

Anonymous said...

Hello Stephen.
On Jorge's page I saw that you had a new webdirection.I opened a page in blogspot also in last November, but I do not know very much there, neither the statistics nor many other things are seen, perhaps you might help me sometime if you never mind
Thanks and a big hug:
Fenix (María José)

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

So well written and very moving.