Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day, Summer Solstice And A Sunday At Stephen's Painting Studio By Stephen Craig Rowe


I was going to write a letter to my Father today and then burn it as a means of sending the letter to the afterlife.  I took a walk instead and thought about fine art, poetry, what to make for dinner, and all kinds of stuff.  While walking I wrote a bit more of Page One The Novel A Work In Progress by Stephen Craig Rowe and decided to keep that chapter in my head for now.  I also thought a lot about my Father today and after dinner will share a drink with him, though he is gone, we shall have a moment or so on the porch or in the garden.
     Dinner will be lamb chops, Brussels sprouts, honey glazed carrots, a nice fat baked potato slathered with butter and green onion sour cream.  A glass or so of a deep red wine will carry me home.
     The light today was splendid as it should be for the solstice and am looking forward to the sunset.  If it is spectacular I will take my camera to capture and image or so.  Am still walking at least an hour a day and feeling great.  I am also painting and hope to post some new works soon.  As ever be well,  Stephen Craig Rowe

11 comments:

Here I Am Carrie said...

Hello Stephen, Just stopped in from the other planet. Things aren't working right at my place there. Seems no one can comment or even leave a note. It's all broke there and I can't seem to fix it. So I am take a look here. First I love that I can ramble on again. Mostly to stop and see how your are doing. Sounds like another quiet peaceful day in your next of the woods. I wasn't able to see you photo though. Take Care Hugs Carrie

Beth said...

Very nice tribute for your dad.
I guess you noticed I am getting aggravated with Spaces again but I am still holding on.
How are you liking this miserable heat?

Jorge said...

It's nice that we have a day set aside to remember our fathers. I was happy to see you honoring yours.
Be well,
J.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're doing well, my friend. The light here was great today, too, but the heat and my COPD kept me indoors. Hoping to get some shots tomorrow now that I've decompressed from vacation. Take care and know we're thinking about you.

Sultan said...

Lamb chops!!!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Carrie is gonna Ramble On. Hm.

:-)

j said...

Hi Stephen! Just rambling around and arriving here from WLS. I've not been to active on this site. That may change!
Take care my WLS friend. j'ingeorgia

Lisa said...

Dear Stephen,
I m catching up on eveyone.. Dropping in also to let you know Im here as well. Your letter I can only imagine was full of love and life also peace.
I too can not see the photo.
This is a new learning experience for me. Hope to have you come along with me .
Hope your day was good today .
Fathers Day is indee a day to rememer those that loved us so much and gave so much.
Lisa xo

Lila Boni said...

Adoro estar aqui!!!
Mil beijos !!!
Saudade !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen, thanks for dropping in and your kind words. Don't know what to say with this post, I love my dad with all my heart, but its broken once again... never need to write letter to him since I grown up, but I did many times when i was a little girl, mum always want me fill in every little empty space in that blue airmail paper... can't remeber what they call now, its so long ago... is it worth another try... :-) & :-(

Have a great day Stephen and take care. Mei

Katy-Mei said...

Thankyou Stephen for your kind comment, you're my first guest! :-) Have a great weekend. Mei