Tuesday, December 14, 2010

PAINTING STUDIO And The Snow Queen by Stephen Craig Rowe


     The Snow Queen sighed as she saw the ridge bathed in an early evening light, with all but a few leaves fallen and cast a color rather like rust, rose and something in between in a moment before dusk.  In a deer stunned moment birds became silent as chill winds brought the first dust of snow that soon became rich full flakes as one would see in a movie drifting in the last sun rays upon the ridge.  Fall hung on her arbor as a leaf fell in silence as quiet as snow, as silent as a tear, and there but for a moments grace a sigh in the wind gave the face of Fall to the Snow Queen's kiss, and all night long, then through the day the ridge and lands where covered in white.  Some say they see Angels, some say it's just cold rain falling and some say the change of seasons is magic that no words can tell. 
     The Snow Queen smiles as some bring indoors the outdoors with pines, green wreaths, cones and things that recall fall.  Put up lights, make music and merriment with family and friends.  Recall all of those near and dear, here and gone that make us who we are in the present and in memories. 
    Some say they see Angels and the Snow Queen Smiles.  Some say the season is magic, and as ever be well,  Stephen Craig Rowe
    

8 comments:

Katy-Mei said...

Love that painting Stephen! But the words, I need work hard to take it all in, my English is very very poor Stephen, the dream for the book is a hard one, thank you for your suggestion anyway, but it did light up my mood for a few days and start a new dream!!! I do have that little light down the corner somewhere... to hope i can make it one days. I never give up hope... well really? LOL... can i say that? :-) No matter how hard... HOPE have a little corner in my heart hiding inside me...

And I hope you're keeping well my friend and keep warm. Merry Christmas! Mei

stephenrowepainter said...

The type face I chose for this post was Times New Roman. I don't know what happened but the post is best read out loud to one's self or with others. As ever be well

Unknown said...

Stephen, como você nunca mais apareceu, resolvi vir visitá-lo e dizer que nossa amizade, nunca morre, a não ser que queiramos , então deixaremos de rega´-la....
Como eu não quero deixar com que ela morra, venho lhe deixar um abraço muito forte e um beijo....
para que você nunca se esqueça de mim....

Beijos e SAUDADES......

MARILIS

Beth said...

Very nice! I hope you are keeping warm. I don't like this weather we are having.
P.S. I didn't bake fruit cakes this year.

Sue Mac said...

Stephen your words paint a wonderful picture in ones mind
Hope all is well with you
Take care
Sue

Hope said...

I really love this painting Stephen,
love the colors, the movement.. reminds of a vase filled with spring type flowers..
The snow queen has spread her shawl around these parts.. and has touched the roads with her icy fingers..
but I do believe I see some angels here and there, spreading their wings to give one some warmth..
hope you are keeping warm.. miss you Dear Stephen.. be well and happy during this most wondrous time..

Anonymous said...

Stephen good morning.
You spend a happy Christmas.
A greeting from Ray

Kathryn Magendie said...

ah beautiful . . .lovely