Sunday, November 28, 2010

PAINTING STUDIO After Thanksgiving On The Road Again by Stephen Craig Rowe

.     Thanksgiving was simple, quiet and nice here at the Painting Studio with a simple menu of roasted turkey thighs, tenders, dressing, candied yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie and a few glasses of good cheer.  Of course the day after was a repeat of the same menu with a few glasses of good cheer.  On Thanksgiving day I made and took some calls with family and friends then visited some folks on Facebook including my son Adam who recently signed on for three more years in the US Army.  He is taking some leave time in December and I hope he will be able to visit Peoria.  When I talked to him on the phone the other evening he seemed up for the idea.  He was walking on base at Fort Riley, Kansas and I could hear the wind howling on his cell phone.  A day or so after the winds were here in great force.  All in all it was a good Thanksgiving weekend.
     On Monday I am on the road again to  Danville and Indianapolis for an annual colonoscopy and should be back home late Wednesday afternoon or early evening.  By the time I arrive in Danville and am admitted to lodging the library will  already be closed but maybe I will be able to get online at the local community college.  I should have plenty of time to get online in Indianapolis on Tuesday because I do not have any appointments that day and check in at the hotel is not until 3.  The scope will be on Wednesday morning followed by an early afternoon review with my surgeon and then a long ride home.  Will keep busy visiting nurses, Dr's and other caregivers that I have come to know over the past few years and there is always someone who needs help with something or other in a Veterans Hospital.  In the mean time as ever be well.
Stephen Craig Rowe

13 comments:

Michiko Johnson said...

Dear Stephen,
This is very happy post that you have had wonderful Thanksgiving days with your son's and your friends.
Hope everything going to alright with you and safely back home.
Big Hugs,
Michiko

Beth said...

Hi Stephen, I hope everything goes well with your trip to Danville and Indy. Thinking good thoughts that you will get a good report.

Seeking Serenity said...

wow such a busy week you have!
Safe and pleasant trip-
((hug))

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksiving my American friend. We don't celebrate it in this part of the world.
Cheers
Lady Jude

Anonymous said...

I fool interpret a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I definitely like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites net stage file and resolve be checking stand behind soon. Divert check into public notice my orientation as ok and let me conscious what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

hey Stephen,
Happy Thanksgiving. of all the things im grateful for this year, a big one is your constant being. im v.glad to have found you old friend. stay well :)
love,
dawn

Anonymous said...

hey Stephen,
Happy Thanksgiving. of all the things im grateful for this year, a big one is your constant being. im v.glad to have found you old friend. stay well :)
love,
dawn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …

Anonymous said...

Hi, see me on lisachu

http://www.drunkenmonkeybrewery.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=110426 www.gameoverman.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5501

Anonymous said...

i enjoy exactly how you receive your level throughout

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, it was quite helpful and told a lot

Anonymous said...

This was really interesting. I loved reading it