Tuesday, November 09, 2010

PAINTING STUDIO Trans Siberian Orchestra In Peoria, Il., The Last Rose And Falling Back by Stephen Craig Rowe

IMG_3164

The Trans Siberian Orchestra event at the Peoria Civic Center on November 6th was an extravaganza that welcomes the holiday season with good cheer, a message of hope, history, light, fantastic light show, more than awsome music and the chance for me to visit with some dear friends.  The entire experience was a joy as it should be.  After a few familiar numbers the band performed some new works that all hope to hear more of in the future.  Though brief my meeting with Al Pitrelli the band leader-lead guitar and his wife Jane the keyboard artist was very warm and friendly.  Al mentioned something about a road trip after the tour, perhaps  in the spring or summer for a visit here.   Because of the tight tour scheduale there was no time for them to visit Jim’s Steakhouse or the Painting Studio.   Do hope to see them in the spring or summer.

My buddy Chef Francis and I arrived at Jim's Steakhouse around an hour and a half before the show to allow time for a libation or two before the event.  The Steakhouse was very busy and rather than order a cocktail I caught the owners eye and said, " Tim, what do you need "?   See if you can get me a table in the lounge for a party of ten and I was off looking for table cloths, silver, napkins and such.  Nodding to guests in recognition while trying to set up tables.  Then Tim needed a party of six, a four top, a party of nine and a deuce.  Though fast and furious I felt quite at home and did my best to set the tables and seat the guests.  It went well and was pleased to play a small part. 

Sunday and Monday afternoon I started taking down my little rose garden and getting the small plot ready for winter.  It is not a big job but it is important to me and there are feelings involved when doing so.  I don’t exactly talk to the roses when I cut them back, but perhaps in a way I do for they have given me so very much visual and poetic pleasure.  This afternoon was excepetionally warm and I finished cutting them down to near the root bulb and then turned the soil with the spade to give them a good winter rest before taking my afternoon walk.  The sun was warm enough to make me smile.

As ever be well,  Stephen Craig Rowe

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's time we paid attention to Frankie's roses. The weather guessers are calling for an Arctic front moving in next week, Just hoping the snow holds off for a while longer. Take care, Stephen.

Beth said...

That all sounds wonderful Stephen. I am glad you had wonderful time.
My daughter and I saw the Don Williams show Sun night at the theater in the Civic Center. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Michiko Johnson said...

Dear Stephen,
It has been a little while we don't see each other,I forget how long?
Your roses are toward to having rest:-)and mines are started blossom but too wet weather makes pretty messy roses.
So glad you had great time your favorites restaurant.
Please take care,
Michiko

Hope said...

smiling

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

Anonymous said...

The minute you live is the most important in your life.

Attend to what you're doing.

Yesterday and you got out of hand.

Tomorrow is not yet arrived.

Live the present moment, because your future depends on ..
Since I can not comment, I leave it as anonymous.
Hi, I'm Ray
raycanarias.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

raycanarias.wordpress.com