Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rain On The Ridge In The Greening by Stephen Craig Rowe

IMG_1047

Rain ran through the night and all the day long tapping at windows rather like an old friend lost in the wind.  Gently tapping at the window to be let in. 

In and out of dreams a soft rain fell the night long and all through the day greening lawns and the ridge as though by magic from one day to the next and in between the garden  and all were greening.  Rose buds about to bloom and flower.  Ripe and twine sweet spring rains tapped windows and dreams greening the garden and ridge.  As ever be well,  Stephen Craig Rowe

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful both in words and image.
Just Breathtaking.
xo

Beth said...

I have been listening to that same rain too since Friday night and I am ready for it to stop for now. Enough is enough. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was still raining this morning when I got up. :-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful prose and a gorgeous shot, my friend!

Michiko Johnson said...

It sound a beautiful up your place
but as Beth's said we having rainy days for last weeks.
I'm so glad you are doing well.
Enjoy your spring weather.

Here I Am Carrie said...

So sootheing to the soul are your words. Bringing in spring not with a big bang but a soft whisper. Your photo so shows that as well. Hope the sun is shining on you my dear friend. It is on me today and after all that rain the buds are so bursting. Hugs Carrie

Ronilda David-Loubah Sofia said...

"...like a long lost friend in the wind."

"...In and out of dreams..."

Words written with the heart.

Affectionate hug, friend Stephen