Monday, October 04, 2010

Stephen's Painting Studio and The Rose & Thorn Journal Page Two by Stephen Craig Rowe

    I know we have seen the image above in previous posts and some of us just can not get enough of it.  Myself included.  Grant me a moment or so to give an update of recent events here and there.  My home blog the Windows Live Space PAINTING STUDIO as we knew it, is no more.  The other day I read a message from MSN Windows Live Spaces that informed me that Spaces would no longer exist after March 2011 and that I could migrate my Painting Studio space to WordPress.  So in good faith I pressed the migrate button and presto!  The PAINTING STUDIO was gone.  Poof!  I thought the whole thing would be transported to WordPress but only my posts and archives seemed to follow.  I don't know.  Anyway here is a link to the WordPress PAINTING STUDIO.  Am still testing the waters there but plan on moving my home blog to Google here.  I almost forgot that the Flying Monkeys space was still active and made a post there and plan on keeping Flying Monkeys alive until the end.
    Recently the co editors/publishers of The Rose & Thorn Journal asked me to become the art commentator and art gallery curator.  It is an honor for me to accept the position as a staff member and hope I do them proud.  The art gallery is still a work in progress and will feature emerging and established artists.  The fall edition will be published on October 15th and hope all of you will sign on for the news letter while enjoying the fine quality publication.
     Thank you all, and as ever be well,  Stephen Craig Rowe

6 comments:

john bord said...

WordPress, is going to take some getting used to.

The rose, an eternal symbol......

Beth said...

I am not much liking wordpress although that is where I have moved my recipe space. Definitely a learning experience.

Seeking Serenity said...

may I ask what didn't go to wordpress that you thought would? I see your photos did-so I'm not sure what you mean.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Stephen! Rose & Thorn made a fine decision inviting you to join the staff.

I've been using both Blogger and Wordpress and both have their merits. Eventually I'll take each blog in a different direction but only once I figure out what I want to use each page for. In the meantime, as my old man always said "If it don't cost nothin' and don't eat......"

Anonymous said...

Hope your happy at the Rose and Thorn. Sounds very exciting your new job there, I do envy you there.
Good luck

Here I Am Carrie said...

Stephen I am so happy for you the work you will be doing. You will do them proud. I hope you do stay here. Even though it is not difficult to get updates at wordpress. I am glad all is going well for you.. and your roses will always stand out with beauty.. Hugs Carrie