Saturday, April 16, 2011

National Poetry Month In A Jumble Of Words By Stephen Craig Rowe

IMG_3534

   Indeed the colors of spring are loved by all for there is a feeling of regeneration in the first wild flowers as they grace the lawn and woodlands.  There one may wander in thought and pause for moments or hours in the beauty provided by nature.  In the most profound poetry of silence is an ocean of peace that no words can tell.  A personal experience that one knows yet fail to express because the word and image are drawn within and without, frail as a flower, soft as a feather, shrill as the cry of a gull, and light the sky in explosion of thunder and storm. 

     This gift of life is an ever evolving poem, personal only in perspective.  The work in progress is not about me, the poet or painter for it is about you and the experience you gain from the images and words.   Some say they see angels, some say it’s just rain.   

      As ever be well,  Stephen Craig Rowe

 

7 comments:

Katy-Mei said...

Lovely pics... thankyou for dropping by Stephen and you kind words. Have a great walk today... and take more pretty flower... pics!

Beth said...

I love the spring flowers. To me they promise hope for a brighter tomorrow.
I hope your son is doing well and comes home safely from Afghanistan. He remains in my prayers.

Lisa said...

I love your work . Beautiful .. Just beautiful.
I would love to have a copy of this. Your words are music and magical.
Thanks for sharing.

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Written with such emotion Stephen. When it comes to Mother Nature and our planet Earth, I truly do believe that we need to stop living on and off this planet, taking so much for granted, like we have another Earth to go to. We don't! We should respect our mother since our umbilical cord with her is still connected as long as we live here.
I say we get out the patio furniture, fire up the grill, and enjoy God's beautiful creation.

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Sending you a basketful of good wishes at Easter Stephen. Have a veryHhappy Easter, this Divine holyday, the miracle of miracles!

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

.... I totally posted my comments under the wrong entry. Uuugh! This is proof that I am getting old because of two reasons 1) my memory seems to be fading and 2) I can't remember the other.... :)

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Your photo of the flowers certainly do give us a splash of spring! I like it. Here's hoping that we can all enjoy some nice outdoors kind of weather. Cheers Stephen.